Join the Wood From the Hood Team!
FT Production Associate / Sawmill Assistant
Job Purpose: Assisting the Lead Sawyer in the coordination of lumber production, log yard organization, kiln drying process, and warehouse management.
- Assist with Wood-Mizer LT70 sawmill / Lucas Mill operations.
- Identify, buck, scale, end seal, and tag incoming trees to the yard.
- Maintain organized log yard. (Clean saw shed, kiln stalls, remove excess bark and debris, empty garbage’s regularly.
- Load and unload kiln.
- Assist with completing work orders for lumber yard & shop.
- Assist with general maintenance of sawmill, forklift, bobcat, Wood Wizz, chainsaws. Sharpen chains as needed.
- Final assembly of WFTH products – As needed
- Assist with inventory of supply room quarterly.
- Operate Wood Wizz
- Photograph and inventory all slabs for website
- Mill lumber
- Maintain clean & organized warehouse area.
- Help in lumber store (As needed)
- Additional duties as assigned
- Valid driver’s license
- Chainsaw operation experience
- Skid Loader experience
- Forklift Experience
- Outgoing, Friendly, and hard work ethic
- Ability to lift heavy lumber
Full-time 40hr $18 – $24 hr. DOQ
If you don’t have all the experience but you’re a fast learner, hard worker, and know how to take initiative? We want to hear from you!
Please email a summary of your background, interests, and availability along with your resume to email@example.com